BCN3D Stringing

Have a print that has problems? Need some feedback? Post it here.
joe500
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): BCN3D Sigma

BCN3D Stringing

Post by joe500 »

Hello, I received my Sigma today and started my first print the "Marvin KeyChain" from sd card.
The print started ok, but as soon as the dualextrusion took place the printer placed lots of strings around the outside of the model.
I'm printing with the pla fillament which was provided in the package. Would decreasing the hotend temp help? What would you suggest?

Kind Regards
Herb
Attachments
BCN.jpeg
GrueMaster
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP-17, Hictop CR-10S

Re: BCN3D Stringing

Post by GrueMaster »

Based on the printer's design, I would guess what you are seeing is one head still extruding when it is moving out of the way for the other head. Not sure what slicer you are using, but I would recommend setting retraction speed and distance. You should be able to set that in the advanced tab (if you are using the Sigma version of Cura which appears to be 15.04 or close to it). I would also try the newer Cura, as it has a LOT of enhancements over 15.04 (although I still miss Pronterface controls).
joe500
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): BCN3D Sigma

Post by joe500 »

@GrueMaster Thank you very much for your help! I decided to slice the marvin in S3D and use the progen profiles provided by BCN3D.
After using my own generated g-code everything works as expected! I don't know why BCN3D is supplying this printer with sample g-code that doesn't even work. Coming from a heavy modified K8200 printer I expected perfection from such a pricey deveice. I think such small things spoil a bit the experience of this printer.
Attachments
Sigma.jpeg
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Post by LePaul »

The CR-10 had a similar issue, the gcode for the cat model, on the SD Card, had a massive layer shift.

The resulting print would be a cat model with the head falling off. They dubbed it "Decapi-Cat" and later fixed it.

But on the facebook group, countless people would ask what's going on with their very first test prints
GrueMaster
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP-17, Hictop CR-10S

Post by GrueMaster »

LePaul wrote: October 5th, 2017, 10:37 am But on the facebook group, countless people would ask what's going on with their very first test prints
Followed by a lot of comments in praise of the noob's sacrifice to the Decapicat gods.

Return to “Help me fix this print!”