Layer Problem...help

Have a print that has problems? Need some feedback? Post it here.
Alex_3DP
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): HicTop 3DP-12

Layer Problem...help

Post by Alex_3DP »

Hi guys... i'm new to 3d printing's world, so first test, first problem... ;)

after have finished to mount my 3DP-12 and maked first test print (test cube) it seemed to be all done very good... but after some day passed to playing with some slicing software, the problem started to appear..... i don't know what parameter i have changed on printer or on software but the result now is terrible... i also tryed to reset to "factory failsafe" from lcd menu, and to generate gcode file from fresh installation of cura.. but result is the same.... searching for the problem i think it is related to bad filament's extrusion (too material extruded or some other).. attached a photo of first printing result (green cube) and last printing result (white cube)...
i have checked mechanical allignment, x, y, z, belt pull, pulleys, mechanically i don't find anything strange... this defect is showed alse in the internal part....
tips?
thank you very mutch
Alex
Attachments
cubo2.jpg
printing_problem.jpg
Izzy
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Ultimaker 2

Re: Layer Problem...help

Post by Izzy »

Hi Alex,
What settings are you using.
What is the size of the object?, and what layer size are you using?
The green one looks like the nozzle is too close to the bed to start the 1st layer.
The white one looks like it has 14 layers, and the infill may only be about 10%.
Try a maximum layer height of 0.2mm or 200um and an infill of 20-35%.
Also may sure when you level your bed it is done to the correct thickness, probably 0.1-0.1mm
An easy check is to have a test print that prints a simple 0.2mm thick disc about 12mm in diameter close to your bed levelling screws, run the print then check the thickness and adjust as necessary, then print an check again repeat if necessary.
Alex_3DP
Reactions:

Post by Alex_3DP »

i had tryed another time with your tips...attached jpg with full settings....
but same result
Thank you very mutch
Alex
Attachments
Image10.jpg
settings.jpg
Izzy
Reactions:

Post by Izzy »

It looks like a uniform wave around the part repeating about every 14/15 layers or 3mm, are you able to check the sliced part visually checking each layer to check how it should look, just to make sure you haven't got some strange plug in selected?
Alex_3DP
Reactions:

Post by Alex_3DP »

i checked layer for layer in cura layers view but i don't find anything strange.... no plugin selected or installed....
i start to suspect to some firmware parameter changed and stored in memory wich override cura command... or something like this....
thank you very mutch
Alex_3DP
Reactions:

Post by Alex_3DP »

Now i'm trying repetier host with slic3r as slicing parts... But same result... One thing i have noted.. the problem.is showed only in rettilinea parts... Cube faces and other but not on round parts... As cylindrical faces and other......
Bye
Alex
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Post by LePaul »

For what it's worth, white is a really tough filament to configure I know Izzy found a brand that prints really well but all the brands I have tried always looks under extruded. (I just ordered some white nGen to see if that looks good)
NAP-Richard
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): HicTop 3DP-08 Prusa i3

Post by NAP-Richard »

I woke up to this...
20170103_065431.jpg
I have checked my belts and they are fine. Any suggestions.
ivan.akapulko
Reactions:

Post by ivan.akapulko »

NAP-Richard wrote:I woke up to this...
20170103_065431.jpg
I have checked my belts and they are fine. Any suggestions.
Hmm... On a current week a faced with a (maybe) similar problem with cash dispencer on a second job. My stepper motor has burned down one of the braids, and had to rewind (the format was not Nema, and to find it in the country almost impossible). Can you try to replace it and restart printing?
antiklesys
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UMO

Post by antiklesys »

What about the pulleys? Are they tightly screwed on the shafts? (not only the motor shafts but also the axes)
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Post by LePaul »

What might help is some video of the printer in operation, so we can see the belts/pulleys and hear the sounds of the printer too

Return to “Help me fix this print!”