Trying to Print ASA Help

Have a print that has problems? Need some feedback? Post it here.
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP11/12

Re: Trying to Print ASA Help

Post by Roberts_Clif »

barkerpa3466
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Qidi Tech X-Plus

Post by barkerpa3466 »

Roberts_Clif wrote: July 15th, 2021, 6:59 am Read This

How To Succeed When 3D Printing With ASA Filament
Thank you for the link but I found this awhile back when I first started having issues. I also found a video saying that you should level when the bed is hot and I have started doing that but only about 50C and the Nozzle at about 40C. To me this makes sense being both the bed and nozzle are metal so they expand. I am not having any bed adhesion issues. Still trying to find the right temp for the print and the print bed. The temp tower is starting at 263C and going to 240C. I cant quite tell what seems best but some where between 250-240C seems ok but the first bridge at 263C is often the best, but the layers look better near the middle. One thing to try though is maybe raising the temp of the bed because that will raise the overall temp of the enclosure. I kinda ignored that portion before because I thought the rule of thumb was to use the settings on the roll, but I have been turning the fan on/off and changing its speed so I might as well mess with this one too. If #12 doesn't seem an better or its worse maybe Ill up the bed temp to 100C.
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:

Post by Roberts_Clif »

We know that cool air plays habit with 3D Printing of certain types of filament

If it is winter where you are located the house could be too cold, or even if it is too hot an you are running your AC on high to keep cool.

Maybe if we had a little information about the conditions in 3D Printing environment this could lead us to help you better...

OR

Could be just a bad roll of ASA filament ! ? ! ? !
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Post by LePaul »

Have you tried drying the material?
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:

Post by Roberts_Clif »

I ask on another 3D Printer forum an results are posted below.
MJLew

Things to try.

1. Dry the filament. Put it into an oven at 75°C for a couple of hours.
2. Turn the fan on. Low speed only for normal printing with ASA (is the printer enclosed?), but faster while bridging.
3. Turn on retraction.
4. Check the extrusion path in the slicer to make sure that the bridges start well-connected to the bodies. If a bridge run begins at the edge then there is a better chance that it will fail.
I appears this is almost exactly the same as printing with ABS using my 3D Printer.
barkerpa3466
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Qidi Tech X-Plus

Post by barkerpa3466 »

Roberts_Clif wrote: July 17th, 2021, 7:35 am I ask on another 3D Printer forum an results are posted below.
MJLew

Things to try.

1. Dry the filament. Put it into an oven at 75°C for a couple of hours.
2. Turn the fan on. Low speed only for normal printing with ASA (is the printer enclosed?), but faster while bridging.
3. Turn on retraction.
4. Check the extrusion path in the slicer to make sure that the bridges start well-connected to the bodies. If a bridge run begins at the edge then there is a better chance that it will fail.
I appears this is almost exactly the same as printing with ABS using my 3D Printer.
Sorry I haven't been around for a min but while I was away.
I got a new roll of filament started a print 30min after taking it out of is packaging.
using print #7 setting the results were about the same as the old roll. So I don't think its a bad roll of filament or humidity.

2.I have tried print cooling on and off and no change, I figure can come back to print cooling ones I start having somewhat cosistane results with bridging to improve the results.
3.At least with my current settings retraction off seems to work better, but I will give it another shot.
4.Ill attach an image but I think its fine for where the bridge starts.

Printing #13 now changed the layer height to 0.3
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:

Post by Roberts_Clif »

Please post #7 G-Code
I would like to inspect the code and print to see if I get the same of a different result.

Thank You

Return to “Help me fix this print!”