Simplify3d basic guide

Discussion about Simplify 3D software
LePaul
3D Printer(s): Ultimaker Original, Ultimaker 2

Re: Simplify3d basic guide

Postby LePaul » September 22nd, 2016, 11:25 am

Well if anything, S3D is providing a lot of changes into the new Cura. I like Cura's interface a lot better.

But I would also like to be one of the gurus, like Neotko and others, than can really take advantage of the software for superb prints.

Neotko
3D Printer(s): UMO+ x2.5

Postby Neotko » September 22nd, 2016, 12:57 pm

Well I had to learn S3D because for my stuff it's the best option to make 'out of the box' stuff and also is the best to control big amounts of objects split in many parts that need different settings for each part. To do my keychains with Cura would be just imposible atm.

So is S3D better? I'll just say what I said on one of the first posts, IF you sell stuff and need to go beyond normal prints, yes. If not, just use cura, it works nice to click print. Also new cura has some neat options that close the gab between both programs.

MTVDNA
3D Printer(s): Ultimaker 2

Postby MTVDNA » September 26th, 2016, 3:56 pm

So far my experience with S3D has been very good. Slicing is done much faster than cura, and the print preview is fantastic. I have not played with much settings yet, but I definitely see useful applications for most of them. The idea of processes really appeals to me as well. I've not needed them much yet, but I'm sure I will be using them in the future. They sure allow you to do some interesting stuff rather easily.

Return to “Simplify 3D”