Fan speed

Discussion of Ultimaker's open-source Cura software
larsl
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Micro 3D

Fan speed

Post by larsl »

I run Octoprint on a Pi. Cura 15.04 is the slicer. After slicing I get a the following warning "Print warning No fan speed has been detected in this file which could cause the print to fail". I am 100% sure there is a line stating the fan speed. The fan doesn't start either.

Please help
Attachments
IMG_20180301_094013.jpg
GrueMaster
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP-17, Hictop CR-10S

Re: Fan speed

Post by GrueMaster »

I haven't used Octoprint to slice. I use the latest Cura, then send to Octoprint.

Having said that, I looked at the Octoprint settings, and I don't see anywhere to set the fan speed. Did you create a cura profile that had that, and upload it to Octoprint? Is there a way to inspect the gcode from Octoprint slicing? If you can examine the resulting gcode, you might compare it with the gcode generated on your pc using the same version of Cura.
larsl
Reactions:

Post by larsl »

Thank you GrueMaster.
Octopi (Octoprint on Raspberry pi) includes the plugin CuraEngine 15.04. That is what I have been using for making profiles and slicing.
I have also tried to slice outside Octopi in Cura-2.6.2, with settings you can see in the attached file cura.jpg the result is the attached file M_test_2.gcode.
When I try to print that gcode file I recieve the warning about no fan speed.
Attachments
M_test_2.gcode
(752.62 KiB) Downloaded 388 times
cura.jpg
GrueMaster
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP-17, Hictop CR-10S

Post by GrueMaster »

I think I see the problem. Your screen shot indicates you have an M3D printer. I think this has its own custom fan gcodes. I did a little googling and found this link which includes a profile for Cura 15.04. Try importing that and see if it helps.

I also looked at your gcode, it does accurately turn on the fans after the first layer:

Code: Select all

;LAYER:1
M106 S255
Beyond that, not sure what else to tell you.

BTW, you should share your experiences and tips on this printer. There is a subtopic specifically for this printer here.
larsl
Reactions:

Post by larsl »

Once again thank you.
I imported files from the link you gave me. Sorry to say with the same result.
Maybe this is the end of the road. The Octoprint didn't behave like this in the beginning, so I think I will reinstall it.

Return to “Cura”