3.2 Beta is out!

Discussion of Ultimaker's open-source Cura software
GrueMaster
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP-17, Hictop CR-10S

Re: 3.2 Beta is out!

Post by GrueMaster »

3.2 Beta is currently a big failure for me. First, I figured out how to get settings from earlier versions properly ported for Linux. Launch 3.2, then close it. Go into ~/.local/share/cura/3.2/3.0 (3.0 was the last version to properly port custom PLA and printer settings), delete any older version directories (rm -Rf 2.*), then copy all of the files here to the directory above, overwriting 3.2's generated config files with "tar -cf - .|(cd ../;tar -xvf -)". Then relaunch 3.2. My printers showed up, and my custom PLA configs (YEAY!).

Next problem, no octoprint. Tried downloading the plugin per https://community.ultimaker.com/topic/2 ... n-missing/ and copying it to ~/.local/share/cura/3.2/plugins. Doesn't run. Will need to do some more experimenting, but I have a print to do. So, back to 3.1 for now (using the copy config method above, as this issue was also in 3.1).
GrueMaster
Reactions:

Post by GrueMaster »

Ok, got the plugin working now, but I won't be able to try anything today. Long print running, and I have to go to the data center to setup a few new servers. Never a dull moment in my life lately.
GrueMaster
Reactions:

Post by GrueMaster »

So, the print I ran yesterday from 3.0.4 with lots of support worked ok (supports came off, but I had a lot of lines to file away), so I reprinted with 3.2 using only tree supports. Much better. The supports peeled off with little effort. I'm still having issues with the bottom layers of this particular print (Klingon Battle Cruiser), but the top looks great and the bottom, while not so great, was better than the previous print.
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Post by LePaul »

Where is the plug in for OctoPrint in the latest beta? I made the mistake of letting Cura uninstall the old version so I’m using S3D and OctoPrint instead.
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP11/12

Post by Roberts_Clif »

Cura has decided not to no longer include OcotPrint in Cura 3.2 Beta, This may change before the release of Cura 3.2 though at this point it is not.

fieldofview.com OctoPrintPlugin.curaplugin below
OctoPrintPlugin.zip
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

I wonder why they made that decision?
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:

Post by Roberts_Clif »

Do not know, When I posted on Cura for information they transfer my Post to https://github.com/fieldOfView/
Aldo Hoeben sent me the link for Cura 3.2 Beta OctoPrintPlugin to fix the error. "Said hoped to still get the plugin installed by default."
Last edited by Roberts_Clif on February 5th, 2018, 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:

Post by Roberts_Clif »

If by chance you have the wrong OctoPrintPlugin installed in Cuar 3.2 beta the only way to remove it is to delete the two Cura\3.2 directories below and reinstall the working OctoPrintplugin.zip these are protected/hidden directories.
https://www.wikihow.com/Find-Hidden-Fil ... in-Windows

C:\Users\"your login name"\AppData\Local\cura\3.2
C:\Users\"your login name"\AppData\Roaming\cura\3.2
Last edited by Roberts_Clif on February 5th, 2018, 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
nallath
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Ultimaker

Post by nallath »

Because the plugin is not maintained by us. This is why it's moved to the plugin browser. We're working on making this distinction clearer, as we would get a lot of support requests regarding the plugin.

It does have some benefits, as it's possible to provide in between updates for plugins.
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

It didn't appear in the Plug In Library within Cura when I last looked

Return to “Cura”