Cura 3.1 released, and no one said anything

Discussion of Ultimaker's open-source Cura software
GrueMaster
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP-17, Hictop CR-10S

Cura 3.1 released, and no one said anything

Post by GrueMaster »

I just refreshed my Cura download page and saw that 3.1 was out. Downloading now. Surprised that I didn't see anything about it here or other locations. Not even a beta announcement.
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Re: Cura 3.1 released, and no one said anything

Post by LePaul »

I had to go to the website and click on the release notes to see what is new...I did get an automated email telling me 3.1 is out.
Izzy
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Ultimaker 2

Post by Izzy »

I got the email this afternoon, I’m not sure I did the previous one.
drayson
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UMO with mods :-)

Post by drayson »

LOL ... email landed in my spam folder...
installed it, but need to clean the user cfg files to get it up and running... nevertheless, nice new features...
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

Izzy wrote: December 5th, 2017, 5:11 pm I got the email this afternoon, I’m not sure I did the previous one.
Izzy lives!
Izzy
Reactions:

Post by Izzy »

Sue and I have had a hectic year. And I’ve just been diagnosed as having type 2 diabetes, possibly linked to the bout of flu I had 5 years ago that damaged my hypocampus and I lost my senses of smell and taste. Bit of a bugger as one of the only things I get is sweetness and I’ve got to cut it out.
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

Izzy wrote: December 6th, 2017, 2:46 pm Sue and I have had a hectic year. And I’ve just been diagnosed as having type 2 diabetes, possibly linked to the bout of flu I had 5 years ago that damaged my hypocampus and I lost my senses of smell and taste. Bit of a bugger as one of the only things I get is sweetness and I’ve got to cut it out.
I'm sorry to hear that. I'm sure that will require some lifestyle changes but at least it is treatable? I have a coworker who has to carefully monitor his sugars.
GrueMaster
Reactions:

Post by GrueMaster »

Izzy,
I am borderline type 2. IT can be controlled by changing eating habits easily enough. One big change I made is switching to Blue Agave for sweetener (coffee, tea). Also, I gave up beer ('m a bit of a beer snob anyway - used to brew my own). For alcoholic beverages, I have a local distillery that was founded by a couple of chemical engineers. They make clean ethanol (170 proof), then infuse it with flavor before cutting with water to bring it down to consumable grade (70-120 proof depending on the product). They use agave to back sweet (which is how I discovered it). The problem is getting it. It isn't sold in most US states, let alone overseas.

Good luck.
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

One thing I started doing a few years ago was switching out my sugar with stevia. Granted, it's an acquired taste but I finally got there. I avoid all aspartame / nutra sweet, Splenda (chemically altered sugar) and if I can't do stevia, I'm ok with Sweet n Low (saccharin).

After working at the hospital system for 7 years, I sort of became a health nut...seeing what I saw daily, and learning so much can be avoided with proper diet/nutrition. Well, that made me think twice about the baked goods and more to the fruits and vegetables. (I'm always envious of those 90-100 year old people who get there eating anything they want...cigars..booze....I just know I don't have that sort of good luck!)
Izzy
Reactions:

Post by Izzy »

Cheers Guys, at the moment I’ve just cut out sugar as much as I can, I dried various sweetness and sugar substitutes in coffee but as my tastebuds are screwed from the flu virus they don’t taste sweet to me, just bloody awful and leave a powdery feel to the mouth like a mouth full of cat hair 🙀. I getting used to bitter coffee 😟
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

Ah man, that sucks....I've scaled back my coffee consumption and just have that one cup in the morning....I used to go through an entire pot of it!

Now....water water water....
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

My antivirus (TrendMicro) hates this program. Frequently blocking the operation midway thru slicing

I’m really tired of Cura Install/AntiVirus problems. O other piece of software I have ever used seems to have this problem repeatedly. If it’s just TrendMicro, tell me. But this is so annoying
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP11/12

Post by Roberts_Clif »

LePaul wrote: December 23rd, 2017, 2:23 pm My antivirus (TrendMicro) hates this program. Frequently blocking the operation midway thru slicing

I’m really tired of Cura Install/AntiVirus problems. O other piece of software I have ever used seems to have this problem repeatedly. If it’s just TrendMicro, tell me. But this is so annoying

There are So many Free Anti virus programs that would not give you a fit, Why not change your Anti virus program.
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

Because I think a good anti-virus program is worth paying for

In my time dealing with infected PC's, almost all of them had "free" antivirus programs (Avast the worst offender)

But that's not the point...I just want to know why Cura keeps having this problem. I'm not dumping my antivirus because ONE program of MANY has problems
GrueMaster
Reactions:

Post by GrueMaster »

LePaul wrote: December 23rd, 2017, 11:34 pm Because I think a good anti-virus program is worth paying for
Free vs paid doesn't have anything to do with the quality of the program (as most Cura vs S3D users will know). They all have their good and bad sides. Look at McAfee. It's so bad, the original creator wanted the name changed (since he is no longer associated with it).

Return to “Cura”