How to save various filament settings?

Discussion of Ultimaker's open-source Cura software
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

How to save various filament settings?

Post by LePaul »

I'm curious if this ability is within Cura?

I know we can use Materials.Txt on the Ultimaker 2, which requires a reload each power on.

But is there a simple way to go into Cura and, for sake of example, have the settings load for using ColorFabb nGen and key those settings in? Or any other filament that requires some changes from what's pre-loaded?
GrueMaster
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP-17, Hictop CR-10S

Re: How to save various filament settings?

Post by GrueMaster »

I have all of my filaments entered into Cura. A few of them have my own print calibration settings as well (I have been lazy and haven't run a calibration on each spool).

In Cura 2.6, open the Preferences interface and select the Materials tab. From there, you can either create new or duplicate existing entries with various parameters like diameter, cost, density, and even print settings like temp, bed temp, retraction speed, etc.
Cura-Materials.png
drayson
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UMO with mods :-)

Post by drayson »

I made an excel sheet for all my materials where I can export the corresponding material setting files and just copy them into the user app settings folder (or however it is named...)
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Post by LePaul »

GrueMaster wrote: June 27th, 2017, 2:13 am I have all of my filaments entered into Cura. A few of them have my own print calibration settings as well (I have been lazy and haven't run a calibration on each spool).

In Cura 2.6, open the Preferences interface and select the Materials tab. From there, you can either create new or duplicate existing entries with various parameters like diameter, cost, density, and even print settings like temp, bed temp, retraction speed, etc.

Cura-Materials.png
This is great, I didn't know you could do this now!

Return to “Cura”