Best glowing filament?

New or specialty stuff? Let's talk!
nilrog
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UMO+

Best glowing filament?

Post by nilrog »

I'm thinking of buying some glow-in-the-dark filament to print some fun stuff. And when I looked at 3DVerkstan they had two different types, Glowfill and Glow in the dark. And they seem to be priced similar if you take the amount of filament into consideration.

But I have no idea if anyone is better than the other when it comes to ease-of-use and how good they glow.
Is there anyone who tried both or have some info on any of them?
Meduza
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UM2+, UM3 (F2, UM2EX+ UM3EX, etc at work)

Re: Best glowing filament?

Post by Meduza »

I have tested both the Glowfill and the "Glow in the dark", and the Glowfill really is the better one, it glows for longer time and it is brighter and also has a more pleasant color of the printed parts if you ask me :-)

The Glow in the dark is just our (as in 3DVerkstan) remaining stock since the time before Colorfabb released Glowfill and we will not get any more of it in stock when it is gone, that is also why it is about 25% cheaper.

There is actually also a third one InnoGlow, wich is in a even higher price range, but i have not tested that one.
nilrog
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UMO+

Re: Best glowing filament?

Post by nilrog »

Ok, thanks for the feedback :)

Sounds like Glowfill is the one to go for. InnoGlow looked really pricey in comparison.

Return to “Speciality and Experimental Filaments”