Extrudr PLA Tec Black

Discussion of brand name filaments (ColorFabb Brand, NinjaFlex, Taulman, etc.)
Neotko
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UMO+ x2.5

Re: Extrudr PLA Tec Black

Post by Neotko »

Yeah that material needs Oven

But they don’t explain jack. I would ask the seller for proper instructions
emkaybot
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Creator Pro-ish

Post by emkaybot »

Yeah. I was a little too excited by the potentials of this material and am now beta testing something that has some issues. I have contacted them and they have had some unique and peculiar requirements/suggestions for their materials in the past. So I will wait and see what happens. Really the only thing I can imagine is something to do with humidity at this point. But it's strange.

On a side note...and maybe something for a whole other thread...and I know this is weird: but I've now come to the conclusion the black filament either performs worse or more likely requires significantly different settings. I've had very similar issues with ASA, PETG, PLA, and now this material. The only one I managed to get "average" performance back was for PLA (which required significantly higher temps). The ASA in particular never got good layer bonding, and seems to suffer a very similar issue to this PowR. It's now too much of a pattern to ignore. Maybe something to chat about elsewhere though.
emkaybot
Reactions:

Post by emkaybot »

Apparently that test was just a demonstration of how it can handle heat since that is one of it's key selling points. Not a demonstration of a required annealing process. Though I admit it was confusing at first to me too. That and those gentle mallet hits in that orientation don't really demonstrate much (though I suppose a standard PLA part would squish flat at those temps).
Neotko
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UMO+ x2.5

Post by Neotko »

Did you caliper the filament. I mean, just to discard stuff.
emkaybot
Reactions:

Post by emkaybot »

I did. Thanks for any suggestions. Ran through my usual "2 wall box" filament calibration process as well. Even tried over- and under-extruding to see if that factor helped at all.

Return to “Special brand filaments”