Not so flexible, flexible filament?

Discussion of brand name filaments (ColorFabb Brand, NinjaFlex, Taulman, etc.)
nilrog
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UMO+

Not so flexible, flexible filament?

Post by nilrog »

Is there a "flexible" filament that isn't so flexible? :)

Something that is almost as ridgid as PLA, ABS etc. but with a surface that has like a "rubbery" feeling.
Izzy
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Ultimaker 2

Re: Not so flexible, flexible filament?

Post by Izzy »

I just had a feel of my samples :oops:
It depends a bit on you part, I have tested some of the fingers for the eNable hand and you can vary the feel of its rigidity by the number of skins you have or by the amount of infill.
For the fingers I have gone for 4skins :roll: and 30%fill. And I use Recreus FilaFlex, slower than PLA but a nice flexable filament. It is simular to NinjaFlex
reibuehl
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Ultimaker 2

Post by reibuehl »

From the flexible filaments that I tested so far, the Ultimaker FlexPLA was the least flexible one. It is still pretty stable but has some flex. It is difficult to compare it to something - maybe like a (unpressurized) scuba diving pressure hose, not sure if that helps you :-)
Amedee
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UMO / UMO+

Post by Amedee »

I have a spool of FlexiFill from FormFutura. I believe it is exactly the same as the Ultimaker FlexPLA (I have both, they feel the same, and they had in the past exactly the same spools).

As reibuehl says, once printed it is not that flexible. If you print a flat part it will fex well, but you print a more structured part it it will become stronger. We used it in the past to make molds, but it was actually too rigid for that (It was before I learned about NinjaFlex!)

FormFutura is selling samples if you want to try...
nilrog
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UMO+

Post by nilrog »

Thanks for the feedback. I know the question was vague, but you gave very valuable info :)

Return to “Special brand filaments”