Help! New to Forum, and Question Regarding Filaments

Discussion of brand name filaments (ColorFabb Brand, NinjaFlex, Taulman, etc.)
3Dfil
Reactions:

Help! New to Forum, and Question Regarding Filaments

Post by 3Dfil »

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum. I have come because I had a few questions I hope some of you could help me get an answer due to your experience and expertise in filaments. Basically I am trying to develop and prototype a fishing line that is much more abrasion resistant and durable than the others on the market, so I need it to be able to withstand fish teeth, abrasive mouths, any type of sharp object like coral, ect. So far the market of fishing line is monofilament and fluorocarbon. Fluorocarbon is the more abrasion resistant out of the two, but still is quite easy to break. Does anyone have any suggestions on a possible filament you know of that can be in a clear color, be much more abrasion resistant and durable than monofilament and fluorocarbon, still maintain the equivalent diameter for its pound test (for 50lb test the diameter is 0.35mm), and although being very abrasion resistant it cannot be too brittle because you have to be able to tie knots with it. I hope someone can help me, I know this maybe very different than the normal stuff, but I would appreciate any input even if its just something simple. Thank you so much.

Return to “Special brand filaments”