Talk about your experience with Ultimaker printers
- Posts: 24
- Joined: October 20th, 2016, 11:14 am
- 3D Printer(s): umo um2 um3
Rajil Pahuja is printing PEEK and it looks real good. Other materials also like PEI but PEEK is the most diffiult. Here is a post about it on the UM forum:
https://ultimaker.com/en/community/5185 ... psu-on-um2
and here is a video of printing peek:
Code: Select all
Material Nozzle Bed
Ultem 9085 360C 150C
Ultem 1010 370C 160C
PSU 370C 160C
PPSU 380C 160C
PEEK 400C 160C
Air temperature is around 60-65C.
- Posts: 138
- Joined: August 7th, 2016, 10:29 pm
- Location: Netherlands
- 3D Printer(s): Ultimaker 2
Wow, those temperatures are really high. Does the bed even get that hot by default?
- Posts: 287
- Joined: February 10th, 2016, 8:08 pm
- Location: Stockholm, Sweden
- 3D Printer(s): UM2+, UM3 (F2, UM2EX+ UM3EX, etc at work)
No, it stalls at between 105 and 120 depending on the individual printer. He has added a extra silicone heater to the bottom of the bed to boost the temperature.
- Posts: 3446
- Joined: February 7th, 2016, 10:26 pm
- Location: Bangor, Maine USA
- 3D Printer(s): UM2+,CR-10S (x2),Tevo Tornado,FT-i3/FT-5/FT-6...
I posted asking about fumes. I know some high temp stuff really requires some respiratory safety