Company Update Aug 16

Talk about your experience with Ultimaker printers
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Company Update Aug 16

Post by LePaul »

LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Re: Company Update Aug 16

Post by LePaul »

Thoughts on their new Advanced 3D Printing Kit?
ADVANCED 3D PRINTING KIT
Ultimaker’s Advanced 3D Printing Kit has been designed to help you get consistent, reliable print results – every time. Special adhesion sheets included in the kit minimize warping and achieve better bed adhesion – a welcome alternative to glue! And the door creates a more controlled environment inside your 3D printer; which means a more stable temperature and a higher print success rate. Quality and performance of the printed parts will be also improved as a result. The kit will be available in September and is recommended for use with our new materials.
Dim3nsioneer
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Ultimaker Original, 2, 2+, 2 Ext+, 3, S5, Form 2

Post by Dim3nsioneer »

Advanced 3D printing kit: A bit expensive as usual but it includes two TFM and two nozzles.

A bit more surprising to me is the discontinuation of the Ulticontroller kit and the HBK. I would have expected a 'last call' as for the UMO.

However, the communication is a bit poor (no tweet, no forum entry so far...). Maybe it's because SandervG is on holiday.
Amedee
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UMO / UMO+

Post by Amedee »

Dim3nsioneer wrote: A bit more surprising to me is the discontinuation of the Ulticontroller kit and the HBK. I would have expected a 'last call' as for the UMO.
Ooops...

I understand they discontinue the UMO, but why the upgrade kits :-?
Ulticontroller is not a big deal as you can use the ones from RepRap Discount, but HBK...

I'll have to go rogue on my UMO...
Neotko
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UMO+ x2.5

Post by Neotko »

Well the kits are on the resellers, but they won't make more.

Indeed for the ulticontroller it's just easier to get a reprap discount and print the box, but also they must keep selling it since it's a part of umo+, I don't know why the removed it anyway.
Izzy
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Ultimaker 2

Post by Izzy »

I don't know about better bed adhersion and less warping,
I'm current printing a 3Dhub job in White ABS, sliced with Simply3D print temperature 245'C bed temperature 100'C, ABS gloop for bed adhersion, no warping. :ugeek: :lol:
drayson
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UMO with mods :-)

Post by drayson »

*grrr* it was obviouse that the support/parts of my beloved UMO will be skiped soon, but.... just *grrr*

I also would have expected a 'last call'...
Meduza
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UM2+, UM3 (F2, UM2EX+ UM3EX, etc at work)

Post by Meduza »

Well, it is not that bad, the parts of most of these kits can probably be ordered trough your regular reseller as spare parts (since they are all part of the UMO+), they are just not packed and sold as kits with instruction sheets and stuff with the purpose of end consumer installation anymore...

The only part i can think of that might be impossible to get is the step-down board that is included in the heated bed upgrade kit to step down the 24V power supply to 19V... but you can pick up a step-downmodule for cheap on eBay to do more or less the same thing.
nallath
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Ultimaker

Post by nallath »

There are still a ton of the upgrade kits out there (with the resellers). I'm pretty sure it's going to be fairly easy to get the kits for the next year.

So no worries. The UMO+ is not discontinued, the UMO is. Hardly anyone bought the UMO (everyone went with the UMO+)
Amedee
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UMO / UMO+

Post by Amedee »

Meduza wrote: The only part i can think of that might be impossible to get is the step-down board that is included in the heated bed upgrade kit to step down the 24V power supply to 19V... but you can pick up a step-downmodule for cheap on eBay to do more or less the same thing.
... And the PT100 converter (which you can get from E3D)
Titus
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Ultimaker Original+HBK

Post by Titus »

Also the Dual Extrusion Kit. :(
Not that I actually was planning to get that one though.

Return to “General Discussion”