Dual pro head from Zmorph

Talk about your experience with Ultimaker printers
Izzy
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Ultimaker 2

Dual pro head from Zmorph

Post by Izzy »

Sorry I’ve not been on in a while, I’m still busy with my last module for my Open University degree.
I’m interest in dual printing, I’ve had access to a Wanhao D4 and a Zmorph VX, and I’m slowly assembling a Geeetech delta. Out of these dual printers I like the solution the Zmorph has with its dual pro head, and I was wondering if anybody had considered a similar mod to the UM2 rather than two Nozzles or swapping out the second nozzle?
https://zmorph3d.com/sites/default/file ... uder_0.jpg
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Re: Dual pro head from Zmorph

Post by LePaul »

@Izzy is back! I was wondering...but you comment on my Facebook posts, so I know you are out there!

I hope you have better luck with your Geeetech than mine. Mine should have failed whatever quality checks they do (or clearly do not do...like power on the machine. Had they done so, the knob not working on the LCD menu would have been an obvious clue to issues....)
Izzy
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Ultimaker 2

Post by Izzy »

Mine was a box of bits 2nd hand for £100. and like you say quality control is something they haven’t contemplated. I’ve been taking my time assembling it, changing fasteners for better quality, improving a few little bits to remove play or make a better belt clamp, most of the assembly and wiring is done so it’s doing to be power it on and then the software bits. I quite like there triple head 3into1.
As there had been improvements on the Y style print heads I was wondering if anybody on the UM side had looked at it 🤔
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

That print head is impressive looking...I wish @Neotko, @Anders Olsson , @drayson . @Amedee and @Meduza were around for some input! We don't hear much about UM2 hacks like we used to!

I love my UM2+ but do wish I could make some changes for things like an all metal hot end and other tweaks!
nilrog
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UMO+

Post by nilrog »

There is a new mod for the UM2 out there that gives you 2 nozzles in what looks like an UM3 printhead on the surface. It looks neat and some have reported success with it.

https://community.ultimaker.com/topic/2 ... e-for-um2/

But the only way to get your hands on the hardware that is needed is through Taobao...and unless you are good at Chinese...it's a lottery trying to order that stuff.
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

I saw that one and honestly, I really don't like taking my chances ordering parts and pieces from China...where I also question the quality of the work.
drayson
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UMO with mods :-)

Post by drayson »

Guys, I'm still alive :-)
but as I need to get all the crazy stuff done my pregnent wife wants, I'm not so much here any more :-(

The DXU is really nice but 1,75mm so I would not change to it as of my filament stock. beside this, the UM3 design approach is great. I already found some UM3 parts on aliexpress which could be usefull
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Upgrade ... 3c00QtUnOj

My last approach was to manufacture a copy of the system developed by Edge
http://www.khwelling.nl/3d.um2s.php
but the last hurdle is that my CNC is not doing well so the lever is still pending
beside this, the system of Edge should work pretty well...
Meduza
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UM2+, UM3 (F2, UM2EX+ UM3EX, etc at work)

Post by Meduza »

That Zmorph Dual Pro head is a overweight beast, it weighs a ton and didn't print that well in my tests (i had a Zmorph at the office for trying it out a while back)

It would be possible to manufacture a dual-input-single-output Olsson Block for the UM2(+), but it would have all the limitations of a 2-in-1-out system, requiring both filaments to be loaded at all times, print with the same temperature, and requiring quite a bit of purge tower if you want to switch between colors. It would also require a custom fan shroud with a single middle hole.

Return to “General Discussion”